Jefferson's Spirit

 


moon phases
 

 

Donate Weapons of Mass Destruction
FastCounter by bCentral
the-Insight.com - religion/christianity/catholic www.blogwise.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Enter your email address below to subscribe to Jefferson's Spirit!


powered by Bloglet

6/22/2003

 
|

The Tao of Who?

I am reading a lot lately. I really enjoy the eastern philosophy of Tao. Tao is the belief that Things are what they Are. That’s it. Period. Simply, Things are what they are.

I don’t know about you, but I spend a great deal of my time wishing that Things could be different. or Things could be better or Why did Things turn out the way they did?

Taoism tells us this worrying is all a waste of time. Things are what they are.

Everything you have done in your life has led you right to where you are right now. Take a look around you, think about your circumstances in life, think about those around you. It is what it is. Nothing more, nothing less.

It is a simple philosophy right? Simple yes, but difficult to master. Do you really believe everything is as it should be? That it is what it is? If you are – good for you; I have a long way to go before I believe this. But I want to – because it is a peaceful and beautiful way to live.

P.S. If you want to learn more I can not recommend enough The Tao of Pooh by Benjamin Hoff. You can get it at any bookstore. You can read it in less than an hour and it will give you some incredible food for thought.

Comments: Post a Comment