Jefferson's Spirit

 


moon phases
 

 

Donate Weapons of Mass Destruction
FastCounter by bCentral
the-Insight.com - religion/christianity/catholic www.blogwise.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Enter your email address below to subscribe to Jefferson's Spirit!


powered by Bloglet

5/01/2003

 
| Pave Paradise and Put Up a Parking Lot

Today I was trying to leave a parking lot. I needed to back out, but a car was blocking my way out. The passenger of that car was off buying a newspaper nearby. The driver, seeing that I needed to back out, did absolutely nothing. He knew I had to wait for him to move but did not seem to care. (He could have easily moved to let me out) So I had to wait an extra five minutes for the passenger, Ms. Current Events, to buy her newspaper. As they finally left the parking lot and permitted me to leave I thought to myself:

How Rude.

But, and this is an important but, I did not get angry. I just shock my head and went on with my life.

I can always tell where I am at, both spiritually and mentally, with moments like this. If I am in a bad place, I will completely lose my composure. I will scream, yell, cuss and pound my fists with fury. I am in a total rage. My day is ruined. All because someone with poor parking lot etiquette made me wait an extra few minutes.

On days like today, when I am in a good place, I am calm and peaceful. I may be annoyed, but it isn’t going to ruin my day.

I wish I could always be like this. Life would be a lot more enjoyable – and I would probably live a few years longer.

I could always be this peaceful if I let myself . We all have choices in life. We can choose to take life in stride or we can lose our serenity and allow ourselves to have a bad day. It’s all how we decide to look at life.

I can guarantee you that I will continue to have terrible days where I am a miserable and a rotten person to be around. But I am working very hard to have less and less of these days. I have only one life – I should choose to make the best of it.

And when I do have a bad day I should look for valet parking. . .

Comments: Post a Comment