Jefferson's Spirit

 


moon phases
 

 

Donate Weapons of Mass Destruction
FastCounter by bCentral
the-Insight.com - religion/christianity/catholic www.blogwise.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Enter your email address below to subscribe to Jefferson's Spirit!


powered by Bloglet

5/21/2003

 
| Beware the Fury of a Patient Man


(As a child something protected me; and it still gives me strength today. . .)

Something happened in my childhood that should not have happened. It was terribly wrong and has affected my life in ways that I do not even comprehend yet. It happened by people that knew it was going on and knew it was wrong, and yet stood by and did nothing to prevent it; nor do they apologize now for how it has affected everyone in my life. Tragically, the same thing that has happened to me has occurred to countless others as well.

It took me years to come to grips with what happened to me. Now I am pissed, and I am fighting back as hard as I can until there is justice. I may never succeed, but I need to do this. If not me – who?

People who love me tell me I should stop. They say it’s tearing me apart, that it makes me angry, sad and miserable. They say I deserve to move on with my life, that I deserve to be happy. They are right. But I think I need to continue the fight.

Because it is the right thing to do.

Sometimes we have to stand up for what we believe in. Sometime we have to do this even though the odds seem stacked against you.

Because it is the right thing to do.

It may be easier to walk away and let it go. But sometimes you have to stand up and be counted. Sometimes you have to stand up and scream at the top of your lungs “THIS IS WRONG”

Because it is the right thing to do.

What would life be like if people like Jesus, Martin Luther, Thomas Jefferson, John Brown, Susan B. Anthony, Gandhi, Martin Luther King, Harvey Milk and many others did not fight for what they believed in?

It may be hard to speak up and speak out. But sometimes it is necessary. Remember that the next time you see an injustice being done. Are you going to sit idly by and let it happen because it would be too uncomfortable to try and change it? Or will you take the chance and try and change it through advocacy?

Because it is the right thing to do.


Comments: Post a Comment