Jefferson's Spirit

 


moon phases
 

 

Donate Weapons of Mass Destruction
FastCounter by bCentral
the-Insight.com - religion/christianity/catholic www.blogwise.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Enter your email address below to subscribe to Jefferson's Spirit!


powered by Bloglet

4/23/2003

 
| I'll Gladly Pay You Tuesday For A Hamburger Today, or, Catholic Guilt

Today was one of the busiest and most stressful days I have had in quite awhile. That is saying quite alot because lately most of my days are like this. Yet, dear internet surfer, I sit here at my computer at 11:00 at night with a severe case of writer's block.

There is no reason why I shouldn't be able to fill up a lot of space accounting the days sorrid events to you; yet I can not.

And that got me thinking about something else that this reminds me of much more serious:

Repressed Memory Syndrome (RMS)

RMS is what happens to people who suffer a tramatic and life changing event. When the horrific event happens, and the time shortly thereafter, there seems to be no psychological damage. Months, sometimes even years later, the damage from that event comes back to haunt a person in a big way. It is almost like your minds takes a rain check on the suffering until much, much later.

And that's scary.

RMS is quite common of victims who suffered childhood sexual abuse. Ask the Catholic Church what they know about RMS.

My hectic day today will someday become fodder for a future blog -- just not now.
Comments: Post a Comment